Monday 1 April 2013

Jools Holland

17th November  Jools Holland

 



November, and the lead up to Christmas is always busy 'gig wise'.
All the bands seem to be on tour and there's no shortage of photo opportunities.




One person who's work I admire (from his days with Squeeze to his show 'Later With') is Jools Holland, and so when I had the opportunity to shoot Mr Holland, I couldn't wait.


As usual the Apollo was a seated gig :(  so shooting was restricted from the side aisle (Stage left) and as I was the only photographer there I had loads of room to move around.
 

Same old rules: first three, no flash, except on the third song Mr Holland decided to switch pianos and played on one to his left, which meant he had his back to me. But I'd got some pretty decent shots already, so I packed up and headed to my seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment