Monday 1 April 2013

Turning Down The Courteeners, a Broken Foot and a Rendevouz with Carl Barat


8th December 2012 Carl Barat Interview

Almost a week after photographing Crystal Castles I had  a little mishap on a pair of slippers, in where I managed to break my foot.



Yes...  a proper break right across the base of the 5th Metatarsal and the sort of break that comes with a plaster cast. 






Which means I can't drive, I can't walk without crutches and I wont be shooting another gig until mid January -

and I had to turn down covering the Courteeners on 8th December which left me gutted...

...until...

...So Shirley Procter and I went off to do an interview with Carl Barat for New Reviews and as everyone else was at The Courteeners, I thought...

I can do that... right?
 
Anyway... it's not everyday you get to meet a Libertine, in their dressing room, at Midnight!

 
11:15pm - a time that I've usually got my PJ's on and I'm ready for bed - Shirley picked me up and we headed into town, crutches and all.

We waited for Carl and his team (which included another ex-Libertine, Gary Powell) and 
Shirley interviewed Carl here: http://www.new-reviews.co.uk/?p=7505 where we chatted about his solo career, life after The Libertines and his new film 'Two Dancers'.

Then I got to take some photos, with my knee resting on the coffee table to balance myself.









 But, I don't recommend breaking your foot just to meet Carl Barat!



 Tonight's lesson: You can do anything if you really want to... despite the obstacles that seem to be in your way!




No comments:

Post a Comment